The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
This is a Centrally Managed Position in the Civil Engineer Career Field. Travel and Relocation Expenses will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulation.
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled as any of the following:
GS-0020-14: Supervisory Community Planner
GS-0401-14: Supervisory Biological Scientist
GS-0801-14: Supervisory General Engineer
GS-0808-14: Supervisory Architect
GS-0810-14: Supervisory Civil Engineer
GS-0819-14: Supervisory Environmental Engineer
GS-0830-14: Supervisory Mechanical Engineer
GS-0850-14: Supervisory Electrical Engineer
GS-1301-14: Supervisory Physical Scientist
This position has been designated as a Key Career Position (KCP). The assignment will not be continuing and has an established tour limitation of 36-60 months as determined by the Career Field Team and Career Field Manager. Employees must sign a Memorandum of Understanding including Selection, Restriction, Outplacement, Tour and Mobility Agreement as a condition of employment. This addendum is effective 1 March 2014 and will be utilized upon incumbent's exit from the position and from that point forward whenever the position is filled.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
"This is a Supervisory Position." A 1-year supervisory probationary period is required if applicant selected has not previously met this requirement.
- The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a first level supervisor, providing planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over nonsupervisory employees assigned to the Continental United States (CONUS) Execution Branch (CFSC), Strategic Design and Construction (D&C) Division (CFS), Facility Engineering Directorate (CF).
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the CONUS Execution Branch ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management. Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignment in consideration of skills, qualifications, and mission requirements.
- Represents AFCEC and the Strategic D&C Division with a variety of installation, cross-functional DoD organizations, higher Air Force agencies, and external businesses, industry and government agencies.
- Ensures branch engineering actions comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meet customer needs.Directs the overall planning, control and timely execution of the technical, administrative and programmatic activities of the unit.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Permanent Air Force Federal Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Conditions Of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- PCS expenses will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This position has been designated as an acquisition position and is covered by the Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP), so acquisition training/certification will be required for completion within specified APDP guidance specified timelines.
- The employee must meet, or be capable of meeting, Defense Acquisition Work Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
- Employee is expected to meet Continuing Acquisition Education requirements.
- Registration as a professional engineer or registered architect is highly desirable.
- A Master's Degree or higher in engineering, business administration/management, or public administration from an accredited university is highly desirable.
- Completion of Intermediate Developmental Education is highly desirable.
- The work requires the employee to occasionally travel away from the normal duty station via military or commercial aircraft.
- Employee may be required to work overtime.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Incumbent is required to file an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, upon appointment and be required to file annually.
- This position has been designated as a Key Career Position (KCP). The assignment will not be continuing and has an established tour limitation of 36-60 months as determined by the Career Field Team and Career Field Manager. Employees must sign a Memorandum of Understanding including Selection, Restriction, Outplacement, Tour and Mobility Agreement as a condition of employment. This addendum is effective 1 March 2014 and will be utilized upon incumbent's exit from the position and from that point forward whenever the position is filled.
QualificationsBasic Requirement for GS-0020-14: A Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in community planning; or related field such as urban affairs, architecture, landscape architecture, engineering, sociology, geography, economics, political science, or public administration that included at least 12 semester hrs in the planning process, socioeconomic & physical elements of planning, urban & regional economic analysis, & development finance. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts
Combination of Education & Experience: Courses equivalent to a major in one of the disciplines, as shown above, or a combination of related courses totaling at least 24 semester hrs in any combination of the disciplines, as shown above, of which at least 12 semester hrs were in the planning process, & socioeconomic & physical elements of planning, plus appropriate experience or additional education. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below.
Basic Requirements for GS-0401-14: A Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Combination of education & experience: Courses equivalent to a major biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below.
Basic Requirement for GS-0801/0810/0819/0830/0850-14:
A Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential & integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in 5 of the following 7 areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields & circuits; (f) nature & properties of materials (relating particle & aggregate structure to properties); & (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
Combination of Education & Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical & mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, & (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences & techniques & their applications to one of the branches of engineering. Click here to view occupational requirements for this position.
Basic Requirement for GS-0808-14: A Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in architecture or related field that included 60 semester hours of course work in architecture or related disciplines of which 30 semester hours were in architectural design, and 6 semester hrs were in each of the following: structural technology, properties of materials & methods of construction, & environmental control systems.
Combination of Education & Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) thorough knowledge of the arts & sciences underlying professional architecture, (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of architectural principles, methods, and techniques; applications to the design and construction or improvement of buildings. For additional information regarding qualifying education click here to view occupational requirements for this position.
performed at the GS-13 grade/level or equivalent in the federal service.
Basic Requirement for GS-1301-14: A Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hrs in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, & electronics.
Combination of education & experience - education equivalent to one of the majors shown above that included at least 24 semester hrs in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience for GS-0020/0401/0801/0808/0810/0819/0830/0850/1301-14 which includes professional knowledge of engineering principles, practices, procedures, laws, regulations & current legislative issues pertaining to project/program management, execution, training & advisory services in engineering & construction, acquisition, environment and contract management. Knowledge of safety & security regulations, practices & procedures. Knowledge of engineering & planning programs; sound programming business practices; AFCEC/CF responsibilities; performance and process improvement principles; & federal Planning, Programming, & Budgetary System (PPBS) as relates to assigned program. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-13 grade/level or equivalent position in the federal service. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-13 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Professional knowledge of engineering principles, practices, procedures, laws, regulations and current legislative issues pertaining to project/program management, execution, training & advisory services in engineering & construction, acquisition, environment & contract management.
2. Knowledge of safety & security regulations, practices & procedures.
3. Ability to plan, organize, & direct the functions & staff of a small to medium sized organization.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally & in writing, including ability to formulate & disseminate staff packages & criteria, develop & conduct briefings, & present issues & recommendations relative to assigned program.
5. Skill in analyzing, planning, & adjusting work operations of organizational segments to meet program requirements & objectives within available resources; researching, analyzing, interpreting, & applying rules, regulations, & procedures in a variety of situations; developing conclusions & recommending solutions based on justifiable facts & evidence.
6. Knowledge of AF engineering & planning programs; sound programming business practices; AFCEC/CF responsibilities; performance & process improvement principles; & federal Planning, Programming, & Budgetary System (PPBS) as relates to assigned program.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid & or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties & responsibilities in each position held & the total number of hrs per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid & unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through Nat'l Service Prgms (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) & other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student & social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge & skills that can provide valuable training & experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period, hours worked and supervisor
- Transcripts - if qualifying based on education or positive education series (can be a copy)
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 12/22/2017
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10089861
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10089861
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
1720 Patrick Street
JBSA Lackland AFB, TX
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a Case-by-Case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485650900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.