The Advanced Medical Support Assistant (AMSA) serves in Fort Meade, SD in the Primary Care service line within one of the PACT (Patient Aligned Care Teams) at the VA Black Hills Health Care VA System. The AMSA's work impacts the administrative aspect of patient care, including: access, scheduling/coordinating appointments, collecting and updating demographic and insurance information, managing the Electronic Waiting List (EWL), patient processing and providing patient reports.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but not limited to:
- Works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery model and performs receptionist duties, customer service and other duties assigned for the proper and timely treatment of patients and maintains appointment schedules for one or more clinics
- Assists with clinic access contingency plans by adjusting appointment times, location, or dates as well as shift patients to other healthcare providers as conflict with staffing and/or coverage occurs
- Screens/receives phone calls in a courteous and timely manner, determines the nature of requests and provide the information desired using privacy rules and established clinic processes
- Participates in the daily teamlet huddles and weekly team meetings where patient care planning and management occur
- Routine review of active/pending consults, EWL, Recall list and Audio care communications for accuracy and disposition as applicable to their care team
- Coordinates administrative services for veterans, family members, caregivers, and general public, administrative and clinical staff to ensure continuity of inpatient and outpatient care
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all clinical and administrative staff in determining priorities of activities in support of direct patient care
- Interprets and applies a complex body of pertinent laws, regulations, directives, and policies that relate to the administration of VA Healthcare Benefits
- Conducts special audits, studies, or surveys to be utilized in the development of procedures, and to assist employees in collecting complete and appropriate data for reporting processes and for generating revenue
- Generates patient workload reports for validation and monitors activity in clinical areas to assure consistent and accurate reporting
- Schedules appointments and utilizes the EWL accurately in a timely manner
- Routinely communicates with physicians, case managers, and other allied health professional staff on complex cases using sound interpersonal skills and is constantly aware of the sensitive information
Telework: Ad Hoc available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617084100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.