Wilkes Barre VA Medical Center is seeking a full time permanent Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (Behavioral Health) to serve in the Behavioral Health Interdisciplinary Program (BHIP) at their main clinic in beautiful Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania.Learn more about this agency
The Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) (Behavioral Health) will be assigned to the Behavioral Health Interdisciplinary Program (BHIP) section within Behavioral Health that treats patients from various clinics such as, inpatient, outpatient, CTAD, surgery, neurology, rehabilitation medicine geriatrics, Vet Centers and the National Center for Organizational Development.VA Behavioral Health CRNPs diagnose and treat behavior disorders through a variety of modalities and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment for the diagnosed disorders. CRNPs prescribe medications according to their scope of practice.
Major Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides a full range of psychiatric services
- Diagnoses behavioral disorders particularly for complex or unusually difficult Veterans.
- Provides comprehensive interventions.
- Provides consultation to professional staff with Behavioral Health as well as other specialty programs.
- Develops, implements and documents the psychotherapeutic treatment plan for an assigned caseload of Veterans, including prompt completion of clinical reminders.
- Functions independently as a member of the Behavioral Health team, within approved privileges
- Provides outreach services to Veterans and their families as needed and/or required.
- Develops and maintains a high-quality Inpatient Behavioral Health service while meeting all VISN and VACO Environment of Care and programmatic requirements.
- As requested, provides consultation for all Behavioral Health clinicians regarding the clinical care of complex cases.
- Adheres to operational policies and procedures in all phases of assignments focusing on providing quality care to the Veterans.
- Assists the section chief and service chief in the execution of ongoing program evaluation and data-driven quality improvement projects to monitor the effectiveness of the program.
- Facilitates liaisons with other medical programs in order to effectively coordinate services.
- Complies with national and local performance measures, including timely medical care screening and completion of clinical reminders for all patients.
- Complies with all CPRS documentation procedures and requirements, including timeliness standards for documentation with all notes and encounters, enters proper diagnostic and procedure codes.
- Complies with proper procedures for Veteran check-out, to insure continuation of care.
- Attends and participates in administrative and informational meetings held by the service chief or higher-level staff members. Attends regular team and Behavioral Health staff meetings.
- Complies with peer review procedures.
- Works cohesively with Behavioral Health staff to assure that all aspects of the Behavioral Health Service are functioning optimally. This includes strategic planning, setting operational priorities and deployment of resources, engaging in quality improvement, performance measure outcomes, and encouraging and improving team-oriented care for Veterans.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position if Veteran needs arise.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617047100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.