This position is located at North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System (NF/SG VHS) Community Care Service. The NF/SG VHS is a comprehensive and integrated health care delivery system that provides quality clinical programs and services to Veterans. We offer primary health care services, as well as highly specialized, technologically advanced clinical care. The System includes two hospitals, three large satellite outpatient clinics, and several small community-based outpatient CBOCS.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe Advanced Medical Support Assistant (AMSA) for Community Care Service, works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery model and performs receptionist duties, customer service and other duties assigned for the proper and timely treatment of patients and maintains appointment schedules for one or more outpatient clinics.
Duties and program responsibilities include:
- Assists with clinic access contingency plans by adjusting appointment times, location, or dates as well as shift patients to other healthcare providers as conflict with staffing and/or coverage occurs
- Manages responsibilities independently with little supervision as well as set priorities and deadlines adjusting the flow and sequencing of the work to meet team and patient needs
- Participates in the team huddles and team meetings where patient care planning and management occur
- Daily reviews of active/pending consults, pending clerk orders and scheduling tracking notes for accuracy and disposition. Coordinates administrative services for Veterans, family members, caregivers, and general public, administrative and clinical staff to ensure continuity of inpatient and outpatient care
- Conducts special audits, studies, or surveys to be utilized in the development of procedures, and to assist employees in collecting complete and appropriate data for reporting processes and for generating revenue
- Generates patient workload reports for validation and monitors activity in clinical areas to assure consistent and accurate reporting
- Interprets and communicates requirements of VHA Scheduling Directives and complete accurate scheduling responsibilities
- Coordinates appointments with the patient's input using the desired date, either in person or by phone; This may require a high level of coordination to avoid patients having to make multiple trips to the medical center or clinic whenever possible.
- Resolves difficult problems and diffuses potential dissatisfaction with VA services in order to prevent congressional and adverse publicity
- Serves as technical advisor and liaison with contacts at all levels for Community Care Service
- Performs varied and complex duties of an Advanced Medical Support Assistant in the Clinical Support Section located in various clinical areas throughout the medical center, some off-campus or on irregular tours
- Ability to work in a busy environment, multi-task, lead, and organize a large group of staff in various work areas to produce results, ensure compliance, as well as process and follow-up on a very high volume of phone calls or written requests from patients inquiring about appointments or their status on the waiting list
- Requires a high degree of judgment, fact-finding, and coordination with people at various levels (patients, management, VISN). Additional duties or tasks may be assigned by the supervisor to ensure efficient daily operations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30p
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617036400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.