The Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center is currently recruiting for one full-time Nurse Practitioner (Infectious Disease) to serve in Patient Care Services.Learn more about this agency
The Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center, located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, is a complexity level 2 teaching hospital which provides a full range of patient care services. The medical center is equipped with state-of-the-art technology such as the computerized medical record and tele-radiology. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary and tertiary care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, hematology and nephrology. Additionally, geriatrics and extended care services are offered including long term care, telemedicine, respite, dementia, rehabilitation, hospice, transitional care and a variety of home care services. Additional information can be found on our internet site https://www.wilkes-barre.va.gov/.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coverage of Inpatient and Outpatient consults
- Liaison for Infection Prevention and Control, Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs, & Employee Health
- Performs histories and physicals
- Diagnoses, evaluates, and orders radiologic and non-invasive diagnostic testing
- Carries out functions independently in their provision of direct patient care as specified by clinical privileges
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616912200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.