The position is at the full performance level located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA),Learn more about this agency
at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System in the Mental Health - Domiciliary. The primary purpose of the position is to provide
direct substance treatment to veterans in the Domiciliary Residential Rehabilitation and Treatment Program.
Duties Included but are not limited to:
- Conducts interviews, uses questionnaires or other measurement devices, or observes the patient to assess emotional, functional or psychological condition.
- Follows established procedures to conduct the initial screening of individuals gathering social drug, family and military history and reasons for referral.
- Provides the results and disposition recommendations to the program coordinator or other higher graded professional.
- Provides individual and group counseling services to patients and their families.
- Observes patient behaviors and reaction patterns for use by higher level professions or in reviewing and in modifying patient's treatment plan.
- Acts as a liaison/resource person to public and private agencies to assure continuity of patient care and appropriate referral for patient and family members.
- Provides individual and group counseling, makes appropriate referral to community or other professional resources as necessary for effective rehabilitation.
- Determines appropriate treatment or rehabilitation for individual patients.
- Recommends and assists the patient in setting standards of behavior and goals for evaluation of progress.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Sunday-Saturday 8:00A-4:30P
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Addiction Therapist/PD13568-A and PD13567-A
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614849000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.