The Health Technician (Telemetry) will be assigned to Nursing Service and work under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager of the unit and functions under the leadership of an RN. The incumbent will perform a wide range of technical tasks in support of the in-patients specific ward with a focus on telemetry monitoring. The incumbent will provide care to the acute medical patient under the supervision of a nurse.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing assistance to medical personnel in the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions.
- Adhering to standard of care, policies, procedures, and algorithms for telemetry.
- Comprehending use of central station monitor and telemetry equipment.
- Confirming patient identification.
- Inputting data upon admission and discharge.
- Obtaining vital signs with rhythm change and documents in the computerized records system (CPRS) to include blood pressure, pulse/heart rate, respiratory rate, temperature, pain and pulse oximeter.
- Notifying primary nurse of abnormal values for vital signs.
- Maintaining telemetry equipment and supplies.
Work Schedule: Various; based on the needs of the service.
Position Description Title/PD#: Health Technician (Telemetry) / 70189A
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of time to concentrate on monitoring activities. In addition, the person must have keen senses of vision and hearing. Works at a computer terminal during tour of duty for extended periods of time. Must be able to ambulate to patient's bedside to apply telemetry monitor. Some bending and stooping are required.
Preferred Experience: Telemetry monitoring
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614697100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.