The MSA provides administrative support for inpatient ward operations to include admissions, transfers, discharges, and scheduling of outpatient appointments. The MSA has the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform these functions in multiple Inpatient Care locations, as this position requires rotation to a variety of inpatient settings to perform these duties.Learn more about this agency
The MSA of this position is responsible for initiating and performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties associated with patient care and treatment on various tours of duty on any patient care unit of the Central Texas Veterans Health Care System (CTVHCS) inpatient units include Community Living Center (CLC), Medical Unit, Surgical Unit, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Domiciliary, Mental Health Units (Acute, Geriatric Psych, and Substance Abuse). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides comprehensive services for all patient transfers (intra-facility, interfacility, and non-VA facility) to all acute care beds at the CTVHCS. This includes determining basic eligibility for medical care, maintaining an electronic Bed Management System (BMS), determining clinical appropriateness of transfer requests, determining appropriate type and level of service required and arranging transportation when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining a smooth and efficient flow and quality of work to ensure timely accomplishment of the assigned workload.
- Provide administrative support to the Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager and all other specialty staff assigned to support the day-to-day operation of all inpatient units.
- Follows established procedures for admissions, discharges, and transfers of patients.
- Processes physicians' orders by identifying priority of STAT and routine orders and takes appropriate action by notifying personnel or services responsible.
- Schedules and arranges patient appointments to avoid conflict of treatment.
- Notifies professional staff of appointments pending and any special preparation needs, enters movement appointments for patient transport and follows up to ensure patients arrive at the appointment.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614599600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.