This employee serves as a member of the Facility Management Service Projects Section which provides engineering support to the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHCS). The duties of this position include but is not limited to: development and review of contract plans and specifications for projects.Learn more about this agency
The major duties of this position include but is not limited to:
- determining requirement, reconnaissance, location, and prepares, designs, specification, and estimates;
- applying a broad knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards to significantly diverse and intense work complexities;
- Providing professional advice to peers, subordinates and non-professional administrators or managers;
- performing scheduling and layout of operation and inspection and surveillance of materials, methods, and equipment used in construction;
- providing guidance, development, and coordination for the planning, design, and oversight of maintenance projects;
- determining systems requirements, reconnaissance, location, and prepares designs, specifications, estimates;
- providing professional advice to peers, subordinates or non-professional administrators or managers;
- performing scheduling and layout of operation, inspection, and surveillance of materials, methods, and equipment used in production; and
- planning specific objectives for the maintenance project;
Position Description Title/PD#: General Engineer/PD04105A
Physical Requirements: The work environment involves everyday risks or discomfort that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, training rooms, and libraries. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. There may be occasional exposure to moderate risks or discomfort in storage areas and hazardous waste sites
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614590100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.