This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn moreLearn more about this agency
The Battle Creek VA Medical Center is recruiting for a Staff Psychologist. The Staff Psychologist will function in Psychology Service with primary responsibilities in the Substance Use Disorder Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (SUD RRTP).
The duties of the Staff Psychologist include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a treatment provider conducting assessment interviews, composing psychosocial assessment reports, formulating diagnostic impressions, developing treatment plans, providing psychotherapy to patients through individual and group sessions, making referrals for aftercare and placement, and documenting services provided and the course of treatment of patients.
- Performs professional work describing human behavior, determining the reasons for that behavior and predicting/modifying the behavior.
- Administers/scores or evaluates psychodiagnostic tests.
- Gathers objective psychodiagnostic information.
- Plans effective treatment, administers, evaluates/adjusts treatment, as necessary treatment
- Participates in provision of a psychologically therapeutic program or clinic in the area of assignment in the Medical Center, as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team, specifically, the SUD RRTP.. Oversees other professionals or works as a key team member providing comprehensive care for a group of individuals. Promotes a psychotherapeutic atmosphere among the professional treatment staff.
- Serves as a member of planning committees for evaluating the effectiveness of the treatment program and modifying it to better serve the needs of the patients, when called upon to do so.
- Instructs and supervises psychology trainees or interns, medical students, or residents in the assessment and provision of psychological services in the medical center.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Title/Functional Statement #:Staff Psychologist/PD000000
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
EDRP Authorized: Contact email@example.com, the EDRP Coordinator for questions/assistance
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614542600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.