WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF EMPLOYED DIVISION: The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A BUDGET ANALYST SPECIALIST DO? As a Budget Analyst you will be responsible for providing leadership, coordinating budgetary functions and providing overall direction and guidance on these functions. In this position, you will perform a wide range of analytical, technical and advisory functions related to the budgetary process.
As a Budget Analyst/Lead Budget Analyst you will:
- Assist in work to be accomplished and communicate assignments, problems to be solved, issues, and deadlines.
- Coach the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques.
- Maintain program and administrative reference materials, project files and relevant background documents.
- Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information.
- Represent the team for the purpose of obtaining resources and securing needed information or decisions from the supervisor on major work problems and issues that arise.
- Represent team findings and recommendations in meetings and deal with issues related to or that have an impact on the team's objectives, work products and/or tasks.
- Research a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze and improve team effectiveness, efficiency and work products.
- Resolve simple complaints of employees.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Travel Nights per Month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614158500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.