The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Administrative Assistant for Pharmacy Service and provide a variety of administrative and technical support functions such as monitoring and studying pharmacy workflow processes, data collection, tracking, and implementation of best practices for the Pharmacy, timekeeping duties, new employee onboarding, fund control point responsibilities and other administrative functions.Learn more about this agency
This position is essential to the orderly and efficient accomplishment of the mission, values and goals of the service. He/she serves as administrative support to the Chief, Supervisors, Administrative Officer and staff of Pharmacy Service by assisting in selected clinical and administrative functions for the service.
Major Duties include but not limited too:
- Identifies conflicts or potential problems and makes comparisons with various alternative solutions.
- Provides reports to Pharmacy Leadership detailing the identified problems, possible causes and suggested solutions.
- Performs administrative support work which requires extensive searches of records, references and other materials.
- Assembles and summarizes background information, data and other pertinent information.
- Reviews proposed written administrative procedures with existing procedures.
- Streamlines procedures by simplifying, consolidating or eliminating those that are no longer required.
- Makes recommendations for changes.
- Uses multiple programs and software such as databases, spreadsheets, and graphics for Pharmacy Service.
- Prepares, prints and disseminates a wide variety of recurring and nonrecurring reports and other documents.
- Consolidates and finalizes information for various reports and based on knowledge of substantive programs of the organization, gathers and summarizes information from files and documents.
- Serves the primary Personal Identity Verification (PIV) sponsor.
- Serves as the primary timekeeper for Pharmacy Service and functions as the subject matter expert for the VA Time and Attendance System (VATAS).
- Collects, compiles and tracks licensure, BLS/ ACLS certifications and registration dates for pharmacy staff, residents and students.
- Initiates and maintains all required records and documents in accordance with established timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the timely tracking, assigning and summarization of the biannual Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluations (OPPE) for all Clinical Pharmacy Specialists and Focused Professional Practice Evaluations (FPPE).
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday; 7:00am to 3:30pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Admin Support Asst (OA)/PD019120
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: N/A
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): N/A
PCS Appraised Value Offer (AVO): N/A
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613938100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.