Learn more about this agency
The Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist, serves as a member of the Compensated Work Therapy/Veterans Industries Team within the Recovery Program of the Mental Health Service, Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Medical Center, St. Louis, MO. The Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist will provide coverage for the Incentive Therapy and other Supported Employment staff.
***THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE DUTY LOCATION***
Duties include but may not be limited to the following:
Determining training Needs:
- Determines the extent to which the Veterans possesses knowledge, skill, or abilities necessary to meet the goals or objectives.
- Provides extensive individual guidance and counseling.
- Assists Veterans in developing and/or refining skills necessary to secure and maintain employment.
- Utilizes knowledge of program objectives of the local, state, and other federal agencies to assist in locating appropriate training programs in the community that will be specifically suitable from the standpoint of the particular needs and problems of the individual.
- Establishes training programs to satisfy common needs of the Veteran base (i.e., literacy training, customer service training, effective communications, etc.).
- Monitors placement. Promoting successful adjustment.
- Maintains awareness and fosters community contacts by maintain day to day contact with potential employers, placement personnel, or other likely placement resources.
- Makes the most difficult placement.
- Keeps alert for job and small business opportunities.
- Counsels and guides the Veterans through difficult transitions or rough spots in the adjustment to the job.
- Provides on and/or off job support to ensure sufficient time in adjusting to the demands of the job.
- Evaluates the results of the program and makes sound professional arguments for recommended changes.
- Reports program progress in accordance with established procedures.
- Completes all necessary documentation for CPRS, NEPEC, and other required documentation within the designed timeframe per CWT/VI policy.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am 4:30 pm
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613674200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.