The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist (CPS) position is located at the Tuscaloosa VAMC. The CPS functions at the highest level of a clinical practice and works independently under their individual scope of practice to directly care for patients in long term care and mental health. The CPS functions as a member of their assigned team(s) and serves as a mid-level provider to initiate, modify or discontinue medication therapy and as a consultant for intensive medication therapy management services.Learn more about this agency
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- designing, implementing, assessing, monitoring and documenting therapeutic plans utilizing the most effective, least toxic and most economical medication treatments.
- Helping achieve positive patient centric outcomes through direct and indirect interactions with patients, providers, and interdisciplinary teams in assigned areas.
- Performing physical assessments.
- Initiating, Modifying or discontinuing medication therapy, ordering and administering immunizations.
- Ordering laboratory and other tests to help determine efficacy and toxicity of medication therapy.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Title/Functional Statement #:Clinical Pharmacy Spec/PD000000
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613581900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.