This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn moreLearn more about this agency
- Initiation and maintenance of general anesthesia;
- Initiation and maintenance of anesthesia by neuraxial ( spinal and epidural ) , local, regional nerve block, and field block techniques;
- Administration of Monitored Anesthesia Care, as well as moderate sedation (previously, conscious sedation), deep sedation, and light sedation, as defined by and in VA Providence Policy.
- Monitoring and documentation of patient's vital signs.
- Maintenance of patients' cardio respiratory and other vital functions during administration of anesthesia or sedation;
- Post-anesthesia management ( recovery ) in situations where PACU nurses are not available;
- Acute airway management;
- Insertion of intravascular monitoring catheters ( arterial and central venous ), and the management of generated data;
- Management of fluid/electrolyte and hematologic aberrations during surgical or other invasive procedures;
- Preoperative patient evaluation, together with formulation of anesthesia plan;
- Any other procedure, process or technique commonly understood to lie within the scope of practice of a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
- Writing authorized medical orders, including consultation services ( have to be countersigned within 24 hours by physician);
- Ordering authorized tests (have to countersigned within 24 hours by physician
Work Schedule: Intermittent
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Functional Statement #: PD000000
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not authorized
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608963100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.