The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Primary Care, functions as a health care team member. Will have the knowledge, skill and experience to carry out assignments involving treatments, diagnostic studies, and patient/family education. This population-specific care takes into consideration all physical, psychosocial, spiritual and cultural needs. He/she performs a wide variety of clinical nursing and supportive duties in Clinic and is flexible in adapting to work demands and numerous assignments.Learn more about this agency
- Assumes the responsibility for patients, in accordance with Joint Commission Standards and recommendations, with the RN ultimately responsible.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Provides patients and their families with respectful non-judgmental and confidential care.
- Demonstrates the ability to vary the order and sequence of assigned procedures based on the knowledge of the patient's condition.
- Interviews scheduled patients and accurately records data.
- Performs diagnostic support duties accurately and proficiently. These duties include, but are not limited to the taking of vital signs, screening patients, performing EKGs, obtaining specimens, vaccines injections, etc.
- Prepares, administers and documents prescribed medications according to nursing service policies and procedures.
- Instructs Specialty Clinic patients and their families in the action, administration and side effects of medications and the procedure for medication refills while utilizing available educational materials.
- Demonstrates the ability to determine when changes in patient's conditions are significant enough to notify the immediate supervisor for assistance in decision making and/or determining nursing care.
- Performs other related duties as needed or assigned to support the functions of the service.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Functional Statement #: PD000000
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608936000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.