The Senior Police Officer position is located within the Police Service (PS) at the Minneapolis VA Healthcare System. The mission of the Police Officer is to serve and protect Veterans, patients, employees, contractors, volunteers, affiliates, visitors, and others who frequent VA facilities. Safety and security are paramount to ensuring that the VA successfully serve and honor the men and women who are America's Veterans.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Protects Veterans, volunteers, and others on Departmental property, U.S. officials, other individuals, and him or herself during any given situation against threats to personal safety when force becomes necessary to enforce laws and regulations.
- Protects Veterans, employees and visitors sensitive and protected medical information from unauthorized release or unauthorized use where prohibited by law and or policy as guided by the privacy officer, FOIA, HIPPA, etc.
- Carries firearms and other weapons, intervenes when necessary to deescalate situations, and determines when and how much force must be applied.
- Conducts investigations, apprehensions, or detention of individuals suspected or convicted of offenses against the criminal laws of the US, protection, and transport of U.S. officials.
- Detects and intervenes in criminal activity; responds to calls for police assistance, irregularities, and unusual or suspicious circumstances.
- Operates specialized vehicles and equipment in support of law enforcement and security operations.
- Takes charge of significant and catastrophic events (e.g. active threats/shooter, terroristic threats or attacks, suicides, fires, full and partial property closures, infrastructure failures, and natural disasters) until additional resources are mobilized and response plans are fully executed.
- Preserves crime scenes, summons additional emergency response personnel, communicates risks, facilitates access and coordinates, initiates or assists with partial or total evacuations.
- Initiates investigative stops on suspicious and potentially dangerous persons and suspicious vehicles independently.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Senior Police Officer/PD99926S
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608902300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.