Position is located within the Nutrition and Food Services (NFS) at the Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Providence, Rhode Island. The Cook is responsible for providing meals and nutritional care to Veteran patients at the Medical Center.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares all types of food for regular and modified diets;
- Prepares a variety of menu items using several different and complex methods of preparation;
- Follows menus, production sheets, and recipes to prepare items in the quantity needed;
- Calculate and determines serving portions from quantities of food issued;
- Prepares and/or coordinates the preparation of entire meals;
- Coordinates the cooking of items prepared by other cooks;
- Prepares food production worksheets from computerized recipe files;
- Maintains accurate food inventories;
- Provides assistance to supervisor in ordering food in accordance with daily and
- weekly menu requirements;
- Follows sanitary food handling procedures; covers, labels and dates food items;
- Cleans, stores and maintains all kitchen utensils, equipment and work areas;
- Advises lower grade food service workers and cooks on tray assembly, plating techniques, practices to maintain temperatures and safety of food, etc.;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Full-time with various shifts available.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation & Recruitment Incentives; Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608759000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.