This Registered Nurse Shared Governance Coordinator position is located in Nursing Service at the VA Providence Healthcare System. This position is a full-time at 40 hours per week.Learn more about this agency
In collaboration with clinical and administrative leadership, the Shared Governance Coordinator (SGC) will work with others in the program development relative to Shared Governance for Nursing Service at the VA Providence Healthcare System (VAPHS). The SGC will encourage creative thinking, collaboration and transparency while guiding performance improvement efforts to produce the highest quality of care for our Veterans.
The SGC will support Nursing service engagement in areas to include:
- Shared Governance Model: Utilizing the Nursing Executive Council, the Shared Governance coordinator will align and develop councils and activities to align with Nursing Service priorities. The coordinator will aid in establishing a model based on the four major principles of Shared Governance: Partnership, Equity, Accountability and Ownership. The SG coordinator will promote an inclusive environment fostering professional development, collaboration and teamwork for the Nursing Staff while providing oversight to the Nursing Practice Council. The SG Coordinator will maintain emphasis on evidence-based practice through modeling, mentoring, facilitating, and educating to ensure key learning are being communicated.
- ANCC Pathway to Excellence: The Shared Governance Coordinator will assist in the coordination of various aspects of the ANCC Pathway to Excellence application, designation and re-designation process. The SGC serves as the Pathway advisor to the leadership team and liaison to the ANCC Pathway to Excellence office. The Coordinator will assist in coordinating activities required to attain and maintain the ANCC designation. The SGC is expected to routinely meet with Nursing Executive Leadership to keep them informed of facility progress towards ANCC Pathway to Excellence standards compliance and designation.
- Strategic planning: The Shared Governance Coordinator participates in the development and implementation of the strategic plan for Nursing Service that is aligned with the strategic plan for VAPHS. The SGC will also be responsible for planning and coordinating strategic planning sessions aligned with Shared Governance and Evidenced Based Practice.
- Quality: The Shared Governance Coordinator will work collaboratively with other members of the nursing team and quality management department to facilitate the achievement of nursing and medical center quality goals and metrics through various nursing and unit practice councils.
Work Schedule: This full-time position will be for a day shift with flexibility as needed. This can be subject to change, based on the needs of the facility.
Compressed/Flexible Work Schedule: May be Authorized.
Telework/Virtual/Remote Work: May be Authorized.
- Telework can be performed on a less than full-time basis anywhere other than a VA facility or using VA-leased space (example: home).
- Telework Ad-Hoc work can be performed on an as needed basis anywhere other than a VA facility or using VA-leased space (example: home).
Recruitment Incentives: May be Authorized and will requires a service obligation to be served.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
- This position is in the Excepted Service.
- This position is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Current and former Federal employees must submit copies of their most recent SF-50 (Notice of Personnel Action). The SF-50 must identify the position title, series, grade, step, tenure and type of service (Competitive or Excepted). In some cases, more than one SF-50 may be required to show a higher grade previously held.
- The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will recommend the grade and salary for new appointments based on the candidate's education and experience. For internal selectees being promoted, the board will determine grade and HR will determine step in accordance with policy.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608619800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.