The Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (CAVHCS) is recruiting for an Administrative Officer for Nutrition and Food Service (NFS). This position has administrative responsibility, accountability and oversight for the NFS. The organization administrative officer plans, administers, and coordinates administrative services including budget formulation and execution, Human Resources/Personnel Management, procurement, Quality Management/Program Analysis, and Information Management.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides advice and counsel on a range of administrative and operational management support issues, policies, programs, objectives, and plans.
- Provides overall administrative management for the NFS. This may include interpreting administrative policies, developing local policies, defining administrative requirements and/or providing advice to the Group Practice Manager on related issues.
- Identifies and analyzes changes and trends in funding for human resources and material needs, human resources availability, and other administrative requirements.
- Adapts internal administrative policies and procedures in conformance with changes in higher-level policies.
- Establishes internal procedures to secure adequate control in terms of deadlines, progress reports, and directives and uses own initiatives in developing procedures which will increase the general flow of information and overcome bottlenecks in the administrative process.
- Independently secures the required administrative and managerial support to meet operating requirements.
- Monitors, coordinates and tracks all on-going and projected personnel actions and continuously apprises management of status.
- Serves as the primary advisor and technical resource on accounting and financial management matters as it pertains to scheduling needs, equipment, and education.
- Serves as a purchase cardholder and approving official for equipment and commodities procurements to ensure that cardholders adhere to the procurement requirements.
- Serves as the Purchase Card Approving Official for all purchase cardholders in Access and Outpatient Scheduling Service.
- Conducts monthly audits to ensure that all purchase cardholders are in compliance with VHA regulations.
- Conducts annual inventory and advises operating officials on requirements and procedures for acquisition, repair, replacement, and disposal of equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned, and within scope of responsibility.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description/PD#: Administrative Officer/PD99863SRelocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608569800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.