The Registered Nurse (RN) Manager is assigned to the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Service in the Healthcare Group.Learn more about this agency
Designated first-line supervisory authority, responsibility, and accountability for the 24/7 operations of the unit, ensuring that subordinate personnel provide timely nursing care which complies with generally accepted standards of clinical practice. This includes the authority to accept, amend, or reject the work of subordinates. Has continuing responsibility for all the following functions:
(1) Planning work to be accomplished by subordinates, setting priorities and preparing schedules for completion of work;
(2) Assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and the requirements of the assignments, and the capabilities of subordinates;
(3) Evaluating the performance of subordinates;
(4) Making recommendations for appointments, advancements or reassignments of subordinates;
(5) Giving advice, counsel, or instruction to subordinate personnel on work and administrative matters;
(6) Hearing and resolving complaints of subordinates and referring more serious complaints not resolved to higher level supervisors;
(7) Recommending and/or taking disciplinary action where appropriate; and
(8) Identifying developmental and training needs of subordinates and providing or making provision for such development and training.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performance improvement, customer service/patient satisfaction, patient and employee safety, interviewing applicants, employee relations, standards of care and practice, the work environment, and accreditation and regulatory standards. Actively develops and manages collaborative partnerships with physicians and other clinicians. Responsible for· staffing their units on a continual basis (24/7), validating the daily patient classifications, and working with other Nurse Managers to identify and share resources. Responsible for time scheduling of the unit, coaches staff, deals with employee conduct and performance issues, completes recurring reports and performance evaluations in a timely manner. Participates on service and medical center committees and task forces to improve nursing practice and patient care. Identifies educational needs of staff and ensures that these needs are addressed. Has an integral role in supporting and facilitating student nurse clinical experiences, as well as orienting new Nurse Managers. Works in partnership with the union and adheres to EEO principles. In the absence of a Nurse Manager, a cross-covering Nurse Manager will be designated to handle administrative and clinical issues, such as staffing coverage, granting leave, and patient and/or staff issues.
Work Schedule: 7:00AM to 3:30PM. Work schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the organization.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Functional Statement #: PD000000
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608057000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.