The Staff physician in the SCI/D Health Care Group is a board certified/BE physician who serves as the SCI specialist and primary care physician for patients with spinal cord injury. S/he to be responsible for both the inpatient and outpatient care for patients and provide coverage. S/he will function as specialty care physician with working knowledge of internal medicine problems to deliver a comprehensive medical care for veterans with spinal cord injury.Learn more about this agency
Major responsibilities and duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Development, participation of specialty clinics including SCI Outpatient Rehabilitation Specialty (SCI Spasticity Clinic, Primary Care Clinic, SCI consults, Fee Basis Eval Clinic, SCI Musculo Clinic).
- Participates in Resident and Fellow training programs.
- Advocating for persons with spinal cord dysfunction
- Ensuring adherence to policies on ethical conduct, strategic planning, financial planning, decision making
- Acts as the PACT team leader in coordinating the care of Veterans with spinal cord injury
- Provides active management for patient medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Provides assessments, determines and predicts outcomes and transitions, composes medical treatment plan and/or rehabilitation program.
- Participates in research, education, specialty care.
- Actively communicates and collaborates with other physician and teams for continuance of patient care
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with rotating on call responsibilities
Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (Relocation Assistance): PCS Not authorized
Education Debt Reduction Program (Student Loan Repayment): Not authorized
Telework: Not eligible
Compressed/Flex Schedule: Not available
Virtual: Not a virtual position
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 49-54 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 10 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607838500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.