The VA Long Beach Healthcare System is recruiting for a Biomedical Engineer assigned to Engineering Section within the Engineering Service. The Biomedical Engineer works closely with senior Biomedical Engineering staff to provide professional biomedical services as it relates to technology assessment, acquisition, and implementation of medical devices and systems.Learn more about this agency
The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the biomedical point of contact and assist with implementation of medical technology, including site preparation requirement assessment, project activities and timeliness, and training of equipment operators and maintenance staff.
- Ensures the provision of safe, reliably maintained, and clinically appropriate medical equipment for the delivery of quality healthcare in a cost-effective manner.
- Assures that all medical equipment recalls, and hazard alerts are managed and acted upon as appropriate and equipment related safety enhancements are implemented as instructed.
- Assists in assuring that all medical equipment recalls, and hazard alerts are managed and acted upon as appropriate and equipment related safety enhancements are implemented as instructed.
- Collaborates with facility leadership, clinical program managers, key stakeholders, and other VISN and national Biomedical Engineers/managers in order to facilitate technical and administrative aspects of the projects as assigned and appropriate.
- Serves as the biomedical subject matter expert (SME) on the implementation of medical technology in the areas of high cost/high-tech medical technology, including site preparation requirement assessment, project activities and timeliness, and training of equipment operators and maintenance staff.
- Participates in medical technology management and equipment procurement processes including the administration and technical oversight of service contracts, as well as contributes to price negotiations, to ensure proper equipment functionality.
- Provides biomedical engineering and project management support for capital asset and infrastructure planning of complex medical equipment during the purchase, planning, construction design review, installation, and in-service training stages of medical equipment projects such as cardiac catheterization laboratories, radiology suites and computer systems software.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 07:30am to 4:00pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607819900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.