THESE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE:
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association
; Association of American Medical Colleges
; Liaison Committee on Medical Education
; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association
, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
at the time the degree was obtained.
Degree from Foreign Medical School
: A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
NOTE: You must provide a copy of your Doctor of Medicine transcripts (unofficial), foreign equivalency, or ECFMG results with your application to document that you have met the education requirement. Failure to do so will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. Your transcripts must show completion/conferred date. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required prior to your starting work
: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. You must provide a copy of your medical license with your application. Failure to do so will result in you being rated ineligible for this position.
: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training. For purposes of this standard, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. Descriptions of such programs are described below.
An internship program
involves broadly based clinical practice in which physicians acquire experience in treating a variety of medical problems under supervision (e.g., internal medicine, surgery, general practice, obstetrics-gynecology, and pediatrics). Such programs are in hospitals or other institutions accredited for internship training by a recognized body of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
A residency program
involves training in a specialized field of medicine in a hospital or an institution accredited for training in the specialty by a recognized body of the American Medical Association (AMA)
or Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
A fellowship program
involves advanced training (beyond residency training) in a given medical specialty in either a clinical or research setting in a hospital or an institution accredited in the United States for such training.
In addition to the Basic Requirements above, you must have
5 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training. (This 1 year of supervised experience may be waived for research or administrative positions not requiring direct patient care.) For more information on requirements click here
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, your resume must demonstrate that you possess the Executive Core Qualifications
and the Mandatory Technical Qualifications
listed below. Evidence of this experience must be incorporated into your five (5) page resume
. Separate narratives for the Executive Core Qualifications
and Mandatory Technical Qualifications
will not be accepted or considered. Typically, experience of this nature is gained at or above the GS-15 grade level in the Federal service, or senior leadership level with state or local government, the private sector, or nongovernmental organizations.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
It is strongly recommended that you visit the following Office of Personnel Management (OPM) webpage for more information on the ECQs. SES Core Qualifications Overview
, you will be required to complete a narrative statement in response to each of the ECQs described in the link above.
Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs)
This position also requires that you possess MTQs that represent knowledge, skills, and abilities essential for success in this role. The following must be evident in your resume.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and implementation, which includes analysis of policy development, strategic planning, business process planning, development of short and long-range program goals and objectives, development of program outcome measures and nationwide program execution.
- Demonstrated skill establishing and maintaining effective cooperative working relationships with senior officials in private industry and/or Federal organizations to define and achieve goals for a national program.
- Demonstrated executive leadership in managing large, complex organizations, including the effective utilization of employees.
- Ability to provide executive level advice to the Associate Administrator on all financial, legislative and program management matters affecting the organization.