As a new or existing federal employee, you and your family may have access to a range of benefits. Your benefits depend on the type of position you have - whether you're a permanent, part-time, temporary or an intermittent employee. You may be eligible for the following benefits, however, check with your agency to make sure you're eligible under their policies.
A complete application consists of:
1. A resume or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications; optional cover letter: You are strongly enouncouraged to upload a one- or two-page standard format resume (pdf or MS Word format) in addition or in lieu of any resume built on USAJobs. Your resume should indicate your citizenship and should list your educational and work experience including job titles, salary, employment dates, duties and accomplishments. The submission of a cover letter briefly detailing your interest in the position is also strongly encouraged. Any experience claimed in a cover letter should be substantiated by information contained in your resume.
2. Law School Transcripts: You MUST submit copies of your law school transcripts for verification of the education requirements. Unofficial copies are acceptable, however, if selected you will be required to furnish official transcripts. It is your responsibility to provide adequate proof that you meet the above educational requirements. Inadequate or illegible information could result in non-qualification and loss of consideration.
3. Bar Membership Documentation: You MUST submit documentation showing that you are an active member of the Bar in Good Standing of any State, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or any Territorial Court under the U.S. Constitution by the closing of the vacancy.
Supporting documents that may be requested of applicants after the closing date of this announcement are:
1. Written Narrative - You may be asked to submit a writing sample at a later date in the form of a written narrative answering specific questions. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY DOCUMENTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED AT THE TIME OF APPLYING. DO NOT SUBMIT ANY WRITING SAMPLE NOT EXPLICITY REQUESTED OR REQUIRED. SUCH DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED AS PART OF THE APPLICATION.
2. Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) - For current and/or former Federal employees, your status eligibility and highest permanent grade/step/salary held in the Federal service will be validated with a copy of your most recent SF-50, "Notification of Personnel Action".
3. Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) documentation: (1) A copy of your specific RIF notice, written notice of your expected separation or other documentation of priority consideration status; (2) A copy of your latest SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location; (3) A copy of your last performance appraisal including your rating; and (4) Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.
You can choose ONE of the following methods to submit Supporting Documents:
1) You can upload your documents when you register or update your information on the Department of Commerce application site which you access through the USAJobs site.
2) You can fax your documents to 571-258-4254 using the system generated fax cover sheet.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.