This position is located on the Ocala National Forest; Lake George Ranger District.Learn more about this agency
This position is located on a Forest Service unit to provide information receptionist services.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Leigh Ostin 352-625-2520 X2504 or by email at email@example.com.
- Greets visitors and responds to phone and written inquiries, which often requires an explanation in general terms of functions of the Agency.
- Explains rules relating to the use of recreational areas and their facilities.
- Explains methods of preventing forest fires. Answers questions regarding fuelwood inquiries.
- Prepares Bills for Collection and transmits cash to Unit Collection Officer.
- Transmits, receives, and acknowledges electronic mail and messages and make distribution.
- Serves as Collection Officer to sell such items as National Forest maps, Christmas tree permits, 2400-4's (Forest Product Sale Permits), and Golden Age Passports in accordance with manual and handbook requirements.
- Is responsible for correct spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation, and for applying routing and clearance procedures.
- Composes letters and mails appropriate material in answer to inquiries from the public on recreation opportunities, or Forest Service history.
Occasional travel - Occasionally with overnight lodging will be required for meetings, trainings, workshops, and field/site visits and reviews.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561991800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.