You will serve as an Inspector within the N3 (Inspections) Directorate at the Board of Inspection and Survey (INSURV), U.S. Fleet Forces Command, Department of the Navy, Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek/Fort Story, Virginia Beach, VA.Learn more about this agency
- You will examine naval vessels periodically to determine fitness for further service.
- You will conduct material inspection and surveys of ship and service craft to determine the material readiness of vessels.
- You will timely, accurate and candid assessment findings during INSURV to Fleet, Type and System Commanders and Technical Authorities.
- You will conduct environmental protection and NAVOSH oversight inspection of naval vessels to include equipment, program compliance and training.
- You will develop and establish CNO policy and procedures for trials, materials inspections, and surveys of ship and serviced craft.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position. Up to 50% travel may be expected with this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521657900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.