You will serve as a Marine Surveryor in the Board of Inspection and Survey of PRESINSURV NORVA.Learn more about this agency
- You will perform inspections and observe operations of systems and components to determine existing conditions, and document deficiencies/discrepancies in support of trial inspections and surveys.
- You will conduct material inspections and surveys of ships and service craft to determine the material readiness of these vessels.
- You will utilize detailed technical guidance and approved procedures in the performance of inspections, trials or surveys.
- You will evaluate effective operations of shipboard equipment and systems that are highly technical.
- You will prepare reports, messages, and letters using administration (Microsoft Office) and inspection software.
- You will develop and establish policy and procedures for trials, material inspections, and surveys of ships and service craft consistent with law, regulations, and the terms of contract.
- You will report completion of checks and all identified deficiencies to the lead or writer for consolidation and provide additional supporting information as necessary.
- You will ensure compliance with Government maritime classifications, American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), Safety and International Maritime Regulations.
- You will provide independent verification of a newly constructed ship's readiness for acceptance/delivery; and to determine if builder responsible equipment is operating satisfactorily during the guarantee period following acceptance.
- You will conduct fleet weapons systems inspections, review of weapons system test procedures, and development of inspection test plans for new construction and in-service US navy ships and craft, MSC ships and craft, NOAA ships and craft, etc.
- You will participate in and/or conduct inspection related meetings and training.
- You will communicate with and brief ship's force and other stakeholders concerning assigned aspects of the inspection process.
- You will compile and report statistical information regarding recurring or significant material deficiencies for both newly constructed and in service vessels.
- You will provide timely, candid, and accurate findings to Fleet Commanders, Type Commanders, System Commanders, Technical Authorities, Program Offices, and OPNAV offices together with recommended actions where appropriate.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel greater than 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520848800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.