Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Biological Science Laboratory Technician in the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) you will aide in the development and improvement of methods for assessing the neurobehavioral effects that result from exposure to chemicals found in tobacco product.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-NCTR-MP-14-1187288TM under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Calculates drug doses to be given to animal subjects.
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Assembles experimental data recorded from research performed.
- Assists in the surgical implantation of intravenous catheters.
- Advises on research requirements including time and resources to perform each experiment.