This National Guard position is for a AIRPLANE PILOT, Position Description Number D0253P02and is part of the ID 124 Operations Group, Idaho Air National Guard.
THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT AND QUALIFIED A10C PILOTS ASSIGNED TO THE IDAHO AIR NATIONAL GUARDLearn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a AIRPLANE PILOT, GS-2181-13, you will
This position is located at unit level in the Air National Guard (ANG) Aviation Wing, Operations Group at flying units in the ANG. Its paramount purpose is to pilot a unit-equipped (UE) airplane. In addition to piloting responsibilities, performs administrative tasks in support of the Air Operations program.
1. Pilots advanced, single or multi-engine military airplane, high performance military fighter aircraft on tactical/non-tactical assigned missions using advanced precision instrument flight techniques in conjunction with air navigational aids. Flies well within flight parameters (e.g. speed and loading) to execute normal flights procedures and standard maneuvers in all weather conditions from point-to-point (domestic/foreign) using fully adequate landing areas. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the aircraft systems and procedures under normal, instrument, and emergency conditions. Maintains mission qualifications in the assigned airplane.
2. Prepares for flight to include: securing current and forecast weather information to determine conditions along the proposed route of flight and at the destination; plans the flight through the study of maps and charts to determine routing, intermediate stops, alternate destination, fuel requirements, estimated flying time and, if required, files the airplane flight plan; checks or verifies that the airplane is ready for flight, including such aspects as loading and weight distribution, maintenance or service conditions, and performing prescribed preflight checks; ensures that any passengers and crew members are briefed on the nature and purpose of the flight and the procedures to be followed in an emergency; and obtains the proper clearances to begin the flight.
3. Operates the airplane with the utmost safety to include: adhering to flight procedures and parameters specified in the airplane flight manual; communicating and coordinating with ground units and controlling activities; monitoring performance of the airplane and progress of the flight; and takes corrective action, including the use of emergency procedures as required.
4. Accomplishes post-flight activities to include: maintaining airplane logs and forms; writing flight reports; coordinating with maintenance personnel on service conditions; and conducts post-flight checks.
5. Serves as the Air Commander's representative when performing duties as Supervisor of Flying (SOF) and is responsible for the safe and efficient mission accomplishment of the unit. The SOF has the authority to cancel flying activities, divert aircraft, dictate mission requirements, approve specific activities, coordinate for airport or airspace utilization with FAA, and direct emergency actions involving UE airplanes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…CURRENT AND QUALIFIED A10C PILOTS ASSIGNED TO THE IDAHO AIR NATIONAL GUARD
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478209700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.