Aircraft Electrician Supervisor
Appointment Type: Permanent
PD #: D0786000
Salary Range: $30.81-$35.95
*Candidates must possess and maintain a Secret Security Clearance*
*PCS is not authorized*
MEMBERSHIP IN THE AIR NATIONAL GUARD IS REQUIRED: This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in the Idaho Air National Guard as a condition of employment. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Loss of military membership will result in immediate loss of your full-time military technician position.
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION:
Current members of the Idaho Air National Guard.
Application materials must be received by Sunday, June 04, 2017. Failure to provide complete information may result in your not receiving consideration for this position. Please refer to the Qualifications and Evaluations section to understand the requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES: (Detailed duties are on the Position Description available at the Human Resources Office)
This position is located in the Electro-Environmental (E&E) Shop of an Air National Guard Flying Wing, employing F-15
(with the PW100-220 modification),F-16, F-22, F-35, A-10, C-17, C-27J and C-130J aircraft. The purpose of this position is to supervise workers on a day-to-day or project-by-project basis in accomplishing the work operations of the shop and to perform associated non-supervisory work. The occupation and grade level, which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Aircraft Electrician, WG-2892-11.
1) Planning: Plans and schedules specific work assignments on a daily or project-by-project basis within specified time requirements. Arranges for adequate personnel, materials and equipment to accomplish the work.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains prescribed methods procedures; instructs subordinates on new procedures and provides assistance on problems. Reviews work in progress and on completion. Obtains approval from higher-level supervisor for changes in standard or prescribed procedures and changes in work operations. Suggests ways or methods to improve operations or reduce costs.
(3) Administration: Recommends individuals to fill vacancies or for promotion or reassignment. Establishes performance standards and accomplishes performance appraisals. Counsels with employees on disciplinary issues and recommends disciplinary action. Attempts to resolve informal complaints and grievances, referring unresolved or more serious issues to the incumbent's supervisor. Conducts and/or oversees on-the-job-training (OJT) and recommends employees for formal training programs. Schedules and approve leave. Encourages employees to participate in suggestions and cost reduction programs. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed. Explains and implements such personnel programs as equal opportunity, position management, position description review, and labor relations. Maintains production reports and records.
(4) Performs the non-supervisory functions of the organizational segment supervised.
(5) Implements safety regulatory requirements. Ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform additional duties such as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operator, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE IDAHO AIR NATIONAL GUARD
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/469047700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.