How to reset your password
To reset your USAJOBS password:
- Go to the Forgot Your Username or Password Page
- Enter either the primary or secondary email address listed on your account. If you don’t have access to the email address listed on your account, fill out and submit the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page.
- Click Send Email. If you haven’t accessed your account in over a year, you’ll be prompted to answer your secret questions. If you can’t answer your secret questions, fill out and submit the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page.
You’ll receive a confirmation message on the screen that an email was sent to you. Please check your inbox or spam folder for one of two possible emails:
- An email titled “USAJOBS Account - Password Reset” will contain a link to reset your password. You have 24 hours to use the link to create a new password. Once you click the link, enter your new password, verify the password and click Submit. You’ll go to the “Sign in” page. Enter your email address and new password and click Sign In.
- An email titled “USAJOBS Account Information” will inform you that the email address you entered does not match a registered account. At this time, you can try to reset your password using a different email address or you can create a new account.