How to make a resume searchable
Making your resume searchable adds it to the USAJOBS Resume Mining collection. Resume Mining helps HR specialists and hiring managers from federal agencies look for applicants (with a USAJOBS profile) for their job announcements.
- Only one of your resumes can be made searchable at a time.
- Only certain formats are searchable including Word, text based pdfs, text files and resumes created using our Resume Builder tool.
- Your resume will only remain searchable for 18 months unless it is renewed.
To make your resume searchable:
- Sign into USAJOBS.
- Go to Documents–your resumes will appear in your Documents.
- Click the Searchable checkbox on the resume you want to make searchable.
If you want to remove your resume from the Resume Mining collection unselect the Searchable checkbox.