Why was my application not qualified?
The hiring agency determines whether or not a job seeker meets the minimum qualifications for a job. USAJOBS displays the information and application status we receive from the hiring agency. Please contact the hiring agency that posted the job announcement if you have questions about your application status or why you were not qualified.
You can find the agency contact information at the bottom of the job announcement.
- Sign into your account by clicking the Sign In icon at the top right of any page.
- Go to your Applications, located on your Home page and find the job application you want to inquire about.
- Click the + icon or job title.
- Click Full job announcement.
- Scroll to the bottom of the job announcement and use the contact phone number or email listed.
An application status is only available if you submit your resume through USAJOBS using the Apply button. We can’t track your application if you posted it directly to an agency’s website or through any other job application method outside of your USAJOBS account (i.e. fax, email, mail, etc).