This position is located in the HHS OIG Consolidated Data Analysis Center (CDAC). CDAC provides data analysis, advanced analytics, predictive modeling, and data stewardship to support OIG's fraud prevention, enforcement and recovery efforts. CDAC employs innovative techniques, new data sources, and advanced analytic tools to assist HHS OIG and our law enforcement partners in protecting Federal and State health care programs and beneficiaries.
Who May Apply: Current Federal employees serving under career or career-conditional competitive service appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointment authorities. Veterans who are preference eligible or separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous service may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
This position serves as a Program Analyst located within the Consolidated Data Analysis Center (CDAC) in the Office of Inspector General. The incumbent works with other analysts and the program manager to conduct technical data analysis, synthesize results, and report findings succinctly and clearly. The incumbent utilizes innovative approaches for employing data analysis and other advanced techniques in statistical outcomes, predictive analytics and business intelligence. The incumbent makes recommendations, drawing on knowledge and understanding of the substantive nature and interrelationships of the data, discretionary programs, innovative healthcare programs, planning processes, forecasting methodologies and management concepts.
If selected for this position, you will:
- Analyze, synthesize, and report data findings in support of requests from the Office of Investigations and other OIG components.
- Develop concise and informative reports that summarize analysis work on innovative health care programs involving value-based payments, coordinated care, and/or health care quality improvements.
- Develop concise and informative analysis reports that focus on various discretionary programs (i.e., grants, contracts, etc.) within HHS.
- Propose, develop, debug, and enhance tools that bring self-service, interactive access to claims data to managers and other individuals within OIG.
- Assist in providing instruction, guidance and training to OIG staff in the uses and techniques associated with the various software applications, business intelligence modeling, and predictive analysis or office automation techniques.
- Participate in intra-agency and inter-agency collaboration and coordination related to OIG priorities for curbing fraud, waste, and abuse.
Occasional travel - Position requires at least 10% travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/452437500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.