USAID is an independent Federal Government agency that receives overall foreign policy guidance from the Secretary of State. With headquarters in Washington, D.C., USAID fosters transformational development around the world. Our work supports economic growth and trade; agriculture and the environment; education and training; democracy and governance; global health; global partnerships and humanitarian assistance.
For more information about USAID, visit http://www.usaid.gov.
This position is located within the Office of Human Resources (OHR), Center of Performance Excellence.
The position serves as a Human Resources Specialist (Awards) performing Performance Management functions including performance management policy development, review and oversight. The incumbent serves as a focal point of contact for the Agency's Awards Program, providing award and recognition program advice and guidance. The incumbent receives directions and reports to the Division Chief, Center of Performance Excellence.
As a Human Resources Specialist, you will:
- Provide managers and employees with information on and interpretation of agency's award and recognition policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Perform the review of award recommendations for compliance with OPM, USAID, and installation instructions and guidelines.
- Ensure that performance documentation required for performance awards are in line with the assigned duties and the official performance plans, mid-year reviews, and annual performance evaluations.
- Establishe long and short-term objectives that focus on identified needs of the organization; and assist in developing plans-of-action to attain established program goals and priorities.
- Provide management advisory services in coaching, counseling, recognizing top performers, and taking appropriate actions on performance issues.
- Collaborate with installation or organization managers and other Human Resource specialists to develop, review, and analyze a wide range of modified, new, or proposed performance management instructions, guidelines, opinions, and decisions as it pertains to agency awards.