A complete application includes 1. A résumé, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible)
All applicants are required to submit a résumé either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips.
CURRENT AND FORMER EMPLOYEES -- Documentation Relating to Your Federal Employment:-
- Submit a copy of your SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing competitive service as Tenure 1 or 2 (Block 24), Position Occupied as 1 - Competitive Service (Block 34), current Grade (Block 18) and Salary (Block 20).
- Typically Award SF-50s do not provide the required information.
- If the full performance level of your position is different from the grade indicated in Block 18, please provide proof of the full performance level.
- If your highest permanent grade is different from your current grade, submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing that grade.
- If you are currently on a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA), submit a copy of an SF-50 indicating that type of appointment. Also, you must submit a copy of your DD214 or other documentation showing dates of service and type of discharge and any other applicable documents such as SF-15, VA letters, etc.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION
Performance Appraisal (ALL APPLICANTS): Submit a copy of all pages of your most recent completed annual performance appraisal, dated within the last 12 months, that includes the final rating. In cases where the performance appraisal is more than 12 months old, incomplete or unavailable, you must attach a written explanation of the reasons.
If you are applying under a special hiring authority (e.g. Military Spouses, Interchange Agreement, VEOA, Schedule A Disability, etc.), please see applicant guide for required documentation. In order to be eligible under one of these authorities, you must submit all required documentation as outlined in the applicant guide.
: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP
for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents you must submit in order to be eligible.
If you are a former federal employee and wish to be non-competitively reinstated for a higher grade or full performance level than which you left federal employment, you MUST
provide a copy of your separation SF50 (the "position occupied" block on the SF-50 should show a "1" and your "tenure" block should show a "1" or "2") AND
the last performance appraisal you received from your federal employment which shows at least a fully successful rating. (Note:
the Performance Appraisal (ALL APPLICANTS) requirement as stated above is in addition to this requirement.)
Land Management Eligibles
must provide all required documentation to verify eligibility, prior performance, and qualifications for the target position. You can find information on the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act and eligibility here