Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT (W&I) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Works with local leadership to develop and implement overall objectives, strategies, actions and critical success factors for W&I policies within their directorate.
- Ensures that department plans and accomplishments are consistent with W&I goals, schedules, and policies by establishing business goals and strategies for organizations managed.
- Conducts briefings and prepares comprehensive reports to keep top-level managers and leaders apprised of program plans and progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
- Prepares memoranda and other written guidelines and recommendations in support of W&I policies and directives.
- Makes recommendations for actions when adjustments or a different course of action is necessary.
- Drafts guidance and direction regarding program management and reporting.
- Participates in meeting with internal staff and representatives from other AM organizations to determine program status and milestones.
- Takes action to correct any identified problem area.
- Manages short and long-range planning activities.
- Establishes business goals and strategies for organizations managed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617315700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.