About the Position: Serves as the Program Manager(PM) for Ecosystem Management and Restoration Research Program (EMRRP), with direct report to Environment Laboratory Technical Director (TD) of Civil Works (CW), Environmental Engineering and Sciences.
This position may filled as one of the following Researchers:
- General Engineer
- Physical Scientist
- Computer Scientist
- The PM will support the TD in programmatic oversight, including: planning, tracking execution of, and reviewing the EMRRP.
- The PM will serve as support and advisor to the TD of CW ENV on issues affecting the CW environmental and ecosystem restoration missions, including congressional program increases related to ecosystem restoration research and development.
- Ensure technical program execution of interdisciplinary research efforts in support of the USACE Civil Works ecosystem restoration.
- Organize and lead annual technical program reviews, strategic planning, and sponsor meetings.
- Conduct overall programmatic oversight of projects from start to finish involving making time and cost estimates; development of sound and defensible environmental engineering and science research and ensuring technical and financial execution.
- Write and review technical documents, provide insightful scientific editing, review, and evaluation of internal and external publications.
- Maintaining effective working relationships and communications with principal investigators, USACE District ecosystem restoration subject matter experts, Environmental Community of Practice Lead, ERDC Leadership, and stakeholders.
- Assist the TD office in providing timely responses to data calls, including prompt development of storyboards, briefings, and scope/schedule/budget for initiatives as needed.
- Advise the TD on strategic direction and program/funding decisions.
- Attend conferences/workshops, seminars, and read current literature to maintain professional knowledge in relevant Civil Works environmental topics.
- Interact with the ERDC Civil Works Research and Development Area Leadership Team and others regarding the implementation of existing programs and the development of new ones related to tactical, strategic, and operational research and development.
- Support technology transfer and the technical missions of the EL, working closely with the Laboratory's management team including Executive Office, Technical Directors, Division Chiefs, Branch Chiefs, and researchers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617221700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.