THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
ResponsibilitiesIndefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to conduct preflight briefings for pilots and provide in-flight advisory services. The TASMG provides flight services and mission briefings which are relatively small in number i.e. well below 75,000 and 25,000 respectively.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts preflight pilot briefings in accordance with National Guard regulations and directives.
- Processes extended and local clearances, including examination for conformance with flight rules and regulations.
- Prepares, maintains and files records, charts, graphs, and reports allied to flight operations and flight training activities such as aircraft utilization reports, aircrew information reports, individual flight records, notice to airmen (NOTAM) file and airfield data.
- Maintains current file of aircraft flying regulations and navigational information such as radio facility carts, instrument approach procedure charts, aeronautical charts, Airman's Information Manual (AIM), airport directory, location identifiers, ATC procedures manual and Army Flight Information Publications.
- Supervises on-the-job training of unit flight operations personnel performing equivalent training or accomplishing a split unit training assembly at the facility.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617189500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.