THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Air Wing (AW), East Granby, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area I: All On Board Federal Employees (T5), Tenure 0,1,2,3 within the CTNG with U.S. citizenship.
Area II: All On Board Federal Dual-Status Military Technicians (T32), Tenure 0,1,2,3 within the CTNG with U.S. citizenship.
This National Guard position is for a SELF-ASSESSMENT MONITOR (Title 5), Position Description Number T5704000 and is part of the CT 103rd Airlift Wing, National Guard.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the position is to serve as an Air Force Inspection System (AFIS) monitor for the IG Inspections managing the Self-Assessment program, providing feedback to FAMs on checklist quality, and compiling information from Management Internal Control Toolset (MICT) or most current automated systems, to ensure inspectors have all required information for directing the Commander's inspection program (CCIP).
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as Wing Self-Assessment Program Manager (SAPM) and Management Internal Control Toolset Lead.
- Performs analysis of unit self-assessed capabilities versus inspection requirements to build inspection sampling strategies.
- As the Wing SAPM and MICT technical expert, trains IG personnel, WIT, and group, squadron, and flight SAPMs on the proper use of MICT.
- Represents the Wing IG with a variety of wing, functional area, local community, state and federal organizations.
- Provides advisory services to individuals, other staff offices, managers, supervisors and employees concerning the IG program and processes.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617165800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.