You will serve as an Engineering Team Leader (ETL) TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER for Advanced Development Towed Arrays (ND-05; GS-14/15 equivalency) in the DEVELOPMENTAL SYSTEM ENGINEERING BRANCH of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.
- You will provide leadership to a multi-disciplined team of engineers, scientists, technicians, and software developers in the design, development and testing of advanced development towed array technologies.
- You will utilize subject matter expertise to guide the team in areas where little to no precedent exists.
- You will execute advanced development support efforts, ensuring project success and adapting plans to meet evolving project needs.
- You will interact with multiple project sponsors and project partners to communicate both programmatic and technical status including risks and viable mitigation actions for consideration.
- You will establish feasible products, schedules, and cost estimates in order to successfully execute team assigned roles and responsibilities.
- You will guide and integrate the efforts of task leaders involved in requirements generation, systems engineering, and test and evaluation.
- You will establish project technical objectives and approaches, to include scope, schedule, deliverables and cost, as agreed to by the program sponsor.
- You will work with other activity departments, government activities, academia and industry to acquire needed technical expertise, and coordinating joint product development and delivery.
- You will develop, monitor, and negotiate changes necessary to budget, schedules and milestones.
- You will assess program progress and earned value benchmarks, making adjustments to schedules and resources, as needed.
- You will evaluate technical progress and risk areas, resolve technical conflicts, and make technical trade-offs where warranted.
- You will serve as consultant on towed arrays, DoD acquisition, systems engineering, test and evaluation, system equipment installation, risk management, system reliability, system safety and engineering technical management.
- You will establish and control technical milestones, schedules, contracts, budgets and costs; ensuring project success by adapting project plans to meet evolving sponsor or programmatic needs.
- You will represent the activity and the command on high-level committees and groups, with the responsibility and authority to defend the activity's position.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617104400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.