This is a public notice flyer to notify applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. To be considered, please see the "How to Apply" section below. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
This flyer uses the STRL Direct Hire Authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to the competitive service.
- You will support the Radiation Hazard (RADHAZ) test and analysis team at NSWC Dahlgren.
- You will perform testing, analysis, and develop radiation control and emission control guidance to ensure RADHAZ safety.
- You will assist with electromagnetic testing to assess hazards of electromagnetic radiation to ordnance, personnel, and fuel (HERO/HERP/HERF) on systems, components, onboard US Naval Afloat and Shore Commands.
- You will coordinate and/or perform efforts required for the electromagnetic testing of shipboard systems such as Fire Control Systems, Radars and Communication Systems.
- You will participate as needed with integrated product teams, review boards, and programs on E3, HERO, and RADHAZ safety matters.
- You will participate in Agile software development activities and collaborative self-organizing, cross-functional teams.
- You will employ modeling and simulation tool and/or resulting data from MS to perform computational electromagnetic modeling and apply the data in support of developing RADHAZ guidance for NSWC Dahlgren customers.
- You will use advanced techniques, modify and extend theories, precepts, and practices in the RADHAZ specialty area.
- You will record data during test events and provide supporting data analysis. You will provide documented results in the form of formal reports, memorandums, and briefs.
- You will coordinate multiple projects, deadlines, and competing priorities with senior scientists and engineers as well as RADHAZ contractor support to deliver electromagnetic environmental effects (E3) and RADHAZ guidance to the fleet.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617086900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.