Testing Designated Position: All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
As a VA employee, you will enjoy a truly rewarding career, comprehensive benefits, competitive pay and other generous perks to help build a fuller, more balanced life for you and your family.
- Strong starting salary, career growth, and recognition
- VA Nurse Locality Pay System (LPS) - ensuring our nurses are paid competitive rates within each local labor market
- VA Special Rates - providing regular performance-based increases and potential accelerated increases for outstanding performance
- Premium Pay - including overtime, Saturday, Sunday, holiday, on-call and night work
- Incentive Awards - including Superior Performance Awards, Special Contribution Awards, VA Honor Awards, and Non-Monetary Recognition.
- 8 hours of annual leave (Vacation Time) accrual for full-time Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists for each full biweekly pay period. (The highest leave accrual of any VA employee!)
- 4 hours of Sick leave accrual per full biweekly pay period.
- 12 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Organ Donor Leave
- Military Leave
- Disabled Veteran Leave
- Health Insurance - pre-taxed premiums and a variety of plans to choose from, ranging from traditional HMO/PPO plans with low co-pays, to High- Deductible plans. Single, spouse and family plans available.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) -Tax deferred retirement savings account that is similar to private sector 401(k). You may be eligible for an automatic 1% agency contribution, plus a 4% matching agency contribution.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - medical & dependent care
- Life Insurance - with available additions for family coverage
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Leave Sharing Program
- Holidays - 11 paid Federal holidays each year
- Child Care Subsidies
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness and Physical Fitness Programs
- Transit Subsidies
- Continuing Education Opportunities
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health-related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets
site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application