The incumbent provides biological support on a variety of issues relating to fish and aquatic species and conservation of aquatic habitats. The incumbent works with regional programs, science coordinators, biologists and/or other Federal, State, Tribal, and private organizations.Learn more about this agency
This position is also open to status candidates under announcement R8-22-11261599-RM (MP). You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.
As a Fish Biologist your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists with the development and review of comprehensive hatchery and fishery management plans and coordinates with other fishery programs that effect biological resources including, but not limited to: fish culture, hatchery quality control, fishery management assistance, sampling for exotic species, assessing fish populations, and recommending habitat restoration/management.
- Review comprehensive hatchery and fishery management plans and assist other fish biologists in developing programs that effect biological resources including, but not limited to: fish culture, hatchery quality control, fishery management assistance, sampling for exotic species, assessing fish populations, and recommending habitat restoration/management.
- Participate in inspections and contributes to evaluations of existing projects to ensure that legal standards and other requirements are met and implemented in a manner most beneficial to fishery resources.
- Uses automated systems and programs to manage large sets of data. Uses standard analytical techniques to design studies and interpret results for hatchery evaluations and evaluations of ecological interactions between hatchery and wild fish populations.
- Assists in the the final collation, preparation and editing of contract reports, annual reports and scientific documents (to be submitted for publication in peer-reviewed journals) produced as a result of the fishery activity.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617069800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.