This position is located in Smithsonian Institution’s Office of Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR). The incumbent for this position serves under the general supervision of the Building Services Supervisors. The employee is responsible for providing the full range of building services through eight maintenance and operational zones.Learn more about this agency
- Performs duties requiring physical strength and effort as well as duties requiring the operation and operator-level maintenance of self-propelled and ride-on equipment.
- Performs various duties such as moving, arranging and lifting very large and unusually heavy material and collections.
- Loads and unloads debris, trash, equipment, supplies and other materials from trucks, vans and cars by using dollies, hand trucks, hand operated hydraulic lifts, and/or by hand.
- Assists with custodial tasks as required, custodial duties include cleaning offices, exhibit space, restrooms, corridors, storage rooms, stairways or any area within the confines of the building(s) using brooms, mops, buckets, heavy duty vacuums and buffers and scrubbers.
- Dusts, scrubs, sweeps, waxes and polishes horizontal surfaces such as floors, cleans mirrors, empties trash and recycle bins; washes walls, windows, air vents, blinds, and fixtures.
- Washes and replaces window blinds and washes ceiling fixtures and room partitions using ladders and scaffolds.
- Moves furniture, supplies and equipment to accomplish cleaning tasks and as appropriate, cleans glass and plexiglass surfaces as directed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616996800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.