This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-4 pay band is equivalent to GS-12 and GS-13; the ND-5 pay band is equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Head of the Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation Branch (Code 2553) within the Undersea Warfare Combat Systems Department, Cybersecurity Division of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport.
- You will be responsible for the management of a medium-sized diverse workforce of engineers, scientists and technical personnel involved in the accreditation of cybersecurity solutions for tactical systems, as well as shore-based systems.
- You will manage branch personnel who are responsible for developing solutions to mitigate cybersecurity vulnerabilities for a variety of complex systems.
- You will plan, organize, assign, and direct new and ongoing work; set objectives for and evaluate subordinate's work; resolve work problems; and establish goals and priorities within established project goals and other parameters.
- You will determine methods to analyze and monitor costs; forecast budgets to ensure sound fiscal management; and plan for future requirements such as equipment, facilities, and manpower.
- You will provide day-to-day direction to branch personnel in the execution of sponsor tasks and in business and administrative duties.
- You will determine appropriate balance of government and contractor assignment to tasks to ensure overall workforce health and efficient execution of sponsor tasks.
- You will participate in the development of overall planning for the Undersea Warfare Combat Systems department product line, and ensure that the Branch plans reflect overall product line goals and are consistent with allocated resources.
- You will ensure efficient and effective operation of branch technical and business processes.
- You will manage staff assignments, discipline, training, and development and promotion of employees.
- You will provide mentoring and career guidance to branch employees and others outside the branch.
- You will manage incentive pay and performance evaluations in accordance with organizational policy.
- You will work with Chief Engineers (CHENGs), Technical Project Managers (TPMs), and line management to asses program/product status.
- You will ensure Continuous Process Improvement goals are met and ensure steps are taken to reduce product life cycle costs.
- You will promote and implement diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and goals.
- You will address security, safety, environmental, and other organization data calls and actions.
- You will develop and maintain proper liaison with government and industry stakeholders and ensure effective communication with customers, including NUWC senior management, sponsors, and fleet representatives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616845600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.