You will serve as Budget Analyst carrying out technical work for the entire Cotton Program under the direction of the Supervisory Management Analyst on Administrative Staff, Cotton and Tobacco Program, Agricultural Marketing Service. This staff is responsible for financial administration of policies and procedures related to budget formulation, budget execution, financial systems, personnel, procurement and other related administrative functions to assure compliance with established guidelines.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Duties require complete familiarity with budgetary requirements of appropriated/user fee/reimbursement/trust fund monies; utilizes Microsoft Office software to create a variety of work products;
- Analysis of administrative expense needs of assigned organizational units on an accounting period, quarterly, and annual basis; processing allocations in line with current/anticipated needs;
- Analysis of personnel requirements for assigned organizational units; conduct detailed budgetary studies of units to ascertain compliance with budgetary plans and program policies;
- Provide technical advice to field budgetary/fiscal personnel to process fiscal documents; review and interpret accounting reports as to user fee/appropriated/trust fund/reimbursement programs/reven
- Provide technical advice to field budgetary/fiscal personnel processing fiscal docs; review/interpret accounting reports to user fee/appropriated/trust fund/reimbursement programs/revenue collection;
- Assist users in review/evaluation to assure compliance with USDA systems/procedures to assure soundness/integrity/reliability of financial management in Program?s area of responsibility;
- Train new Cotton and Tobacco employees on budget processes and procedures as required. Assist Program employees in general computer operations relative to budget and fiscal data.
- Implement processes for gathering and dispersing financial data and information; also, implement procedures for controlling obligations and expenditures;
- Serve as Program?s travel coordinator ? manage electronic travel systems, travel cards, conduct travel-related training and maintains travel record and reports.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616807300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.