You will serve as the Director of Programs in the Undersea Warfare (USW) Electromagnetic Systems Department of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport.Learn more about this agency
This announcement has been amended to update Supervisory status.
- You will serve as a nationally recognized expert in USW Electromagnetic Maneuver Systems, with a broad scope of undersea systems technologies including communications, electronic warfare and imaging systems, antennas, sensors and networking.
- You will work with the scientific and engineering community to identify new technologies, engineering innovations and potential game-changing capabilities to be introduced to the Fleet, respond to emerging threats and align emerging technologies.
- You will initiate, plan, coordinate, and manage the full spectrum of RDTE across the multiple program elements that span USW Electromagnetic Maneuver Warfare.
- You will lead uncharted/independent research and advanced development for USW Electromagnetic Maneuver including systems and techniques for agility in the electromagnetic spectrum for communications, surveillance and electronic warfare and attack.
- You will lead basic and applied research in the development and operationalization of USW Communications and EM technologies.
- You will provide technical oversight, mentoring and overall guidance in the areas of USW Electromagnetic Systems research, development, testing and evaluation.
- You will provide leadership to overcome resource challenges by balancing schedule, cost, human capital through risk assessment and mitigation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616803100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.