You will serve as a Special Security Officer (SSO) in the Office of Protective Services, Intelligence Division, at NASA Headquarters. You will provide Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security guidance, assistance, and administrative support for the operation of the SCI-security program and operate primarily within a Sensitive Compartmented Facility (SCIF) at NASA Headquarters.Learn more about this agency
- Duties described below are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Perform most aspects of the SCI-security program to include, but not limited to, validation of SCI access requirements; conduct SCI-security briefings, indoctrinations, and debriefings; obtain signed Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), etc.
- Provide SCI security and administrative support for the operation of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs) at NASA Headquarters.
- Provide guidance on SCI-security program issues and requirements to implement appropriate security processes and procedures in NASA Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs).
- Administer the SCI-security program in accordance with Intelligence Community (IC) directives and requirements.
- Certify, receive, prepare and send SCI visitor access requests for SCI clearances.
- Establish and foster open and collaborative communication with internal and external stakeholders that will enhance NASA's SCI-security program.
- Interface with other NASA SSOs and other Federal agency and contractor SSOs and SSRs to establish and maintain SCI-security operational channels.
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure proper management of SCI programs, to include that SCI is properly controlled, transmitted, destroyed, and safeguarded.
- Train NASA personnel who require access to SCI on appropriate security policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616793400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.